Monday, March 21, 2011

Worth mentioning...

So in my last post a few days ago I had said that school has been the hardest issue we have had with Vika thus far, well I think ( and am praying ! ) that we may have reached a milestone already this morning !!!  I was expecting at least a few weeks of tears before school, but low and behold, this morning not only were there no tears, but there were smiles !!!!  This was a great sign for Russie and I and I was so excited.  I knew that there was a brief moment this morning that Vika almost started to cry, but I looked her in the eyes and I told her how proud I was of her for being so brave.  The moment instantly changed and she looked up and smiled and went right in the room.  She has not shed one negative emotion about school all today today, and even told me a few funny things that happened today at school.  This is a step in the right direction for us and I am hoping that she makes this much progress each and every day that follows, she even asked me to get her up extra early tomorrow morning...how could this be coming from the same girl what was in tears just a few days ago?  Even if is is just for today, I will take it !!!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! What inspiring and terrific news, Cheri & Russie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know just what you mean, one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete