Monday, January 24, 2011

So I only have a few minutes to post until we leave to go to the orphanage.  I first want to say thank you for all your prayers and emails after my past post.  We have felt them so strongly and have needed them.  Russie woke up yesterday in much better spirits and more focused.  I stayed up that night talking to a few people and praying until 3:30 am.  I finally felt at 3:30, like God said, you can rest now, it is taken care of, and I fell asleep.  I realized how powerful and how essential prayer is over here.  Our depth of prayer support is truly amazing and just another way God has placed the right people in our lives.  I have learned a lot about my prayer life and how to pray through this experience.  I have found in this, that asking for direct specific prayer is essential.  When people know what to pray for specifically, it seems to work better.  My friend Mandy, said to me the other night, you guys do what you need to do over there getting to know and loving the girls, and us prayer warriors will do the rest.  I am so thankful she said that to me, and even more thankful she is a "prayer warrior" for me.  Each and everyone of you have a significant part in this process for us and we would not be here with out you.  Keep these kids that are getting adopted in your prayers today, we have witnessed how they are getting extra ridicule because they are being adopted.  When we went to pick the girls up yesterday, they were surrounded by a group of boys taunting them and making fun of them, all 3 girls ( our 2 and vika mcmcracken ) we very upset when we left with them.  The girls told us that they are "very bad boys" and said very mean things about them and about us.  It is already a tough life living there, but we realized yesterday, they are putting up with a lot more than we thought.  I am glad they at least have each other.  The girls were off for yesterday because of this, but we still enjoyed our time with them at the movie theater. We saw Tangled and then took them out for pizza and then had about a half an hour to spent in the art room with them.  Artyr, Andre, Dan and a little guy ( we think his name is Vlat ) came to see us.  Andre was in good spirits and asked about his mama and papa.  They spotted some lemon lime fanta in my bag and their eyes got big and just looked at me.  I gave them each a bottle and they were delighted and came back with the bottles sticking out of their pants.  They are so sweet !  We are headed to the orphanage here in a few micnutes to visit with the kids again, I will hopefully post more tonight with some pictures of the kids.  Thanks again for your prayers I can not thank you enough !!  Also, for those of you that see my kids at home, give them a big hug for me !

No comments:

Post a Comment