Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another fun day !!

We got to take the girls out with us for some fun !  We picked them up and headed to a local place called "Ice Age" that has a bowling alley, Ice skating rink and cinema.  We got to go there with Mick, Janel, and Vika.  We are so thankful they are here at the same time we are, having someone to show us around and hang out with has been wonderful. We had to wait to get into the iceskating so we bowled until it opened.  Once we got our tickets and we able to iceskate, it confirmed something for me I had already known, I hate to ice skate !  I took a lap and a half around and then decided it would be best to stand outside the rink and take pictures, I embraced that role a lot better.  Despite me being horrible, everyone else was quite good and I enjoyed watching them.  I have noticed that at the orphanage, the kids feel more anxious and nervous, because they do not want to get in any trouble, so taking them out was good for them to relax a little.  They skated for a little over an hour and then we got something to eat.  Thank goodness Anslee was there and could help us translate the menu.  The girls got pizza and Russie and I got Sushi.  We then met our driver, Andre and he took us to the circus.  We met the girls group teacher there and they had to go sit with their group, and we had to sit in other seats.  They kept waiving to us from a far.  We were quite entertained by the acts.  Some of the acts are very different than we are used to in America.  We took the girls back to the orphanage and said our good byes and told them we would pick them up tomorrow.  We are planning on taking them back to the same place tomorrow, but are going to see a movie instead.  When we came back to our room, Russie was very tired and "beat up."  We have not gotten good sleep since we have been here.  I guess you can blame it on the 7 hour time difference, the long journey here, and God's sense of humor.  When I am at home, there are days that I long to lay down and take a nap and catch up a little, but of course with 4 small kids, that is always nearly impossible.  But here I am now, in a place that had a lot of down time and begs me to lay down and sleep, and I can't.  Doesn't make much sense to me.  I guess in both cases, I am just not meant to be well rested in this phase of my life !!!  We were told to bring some melatonin with us to help us sleep, I am going to try that tonight and see if it helps, Russie took some and he has been out for hours, so I hope it does the same for me.  



I do have to say though, Russie and I could use your prayers today.  My main prayers this whole time has been to keep us focused and to know focus on things around us or other issues in fear that we could lose focus of why we are here.  Last night, Russie's focus was taken away and we need it back !!!  He was up most of the might trying to deal with a business related problem back home.  He tried to get the problem resolved, but even this morning he knew he had lost some of his focus.  We prayed this morning that we could focus on why we are here and what is in front of us.  I am hoping a full nights sleep and the prayers from back home while we are sleeping will do the trick.  It is already so emotionally draining being here, and any outside things just add to it.  We are seeing more and more each day why God has called us here and we know the devil is mad.  I told some people earlier that I feel almost like the devil has sat back and waited for us to come to this point and now is striking.  In Peter 5:8 it says "Be alert and sober mind, your enemy, the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, waiting to devour"  I am hoping that the devil is trembling even now as he realized how many prayers are going to be offered on our behalf.  I thank you ahead of time for your prayers and I am hopeful tomorrow will have new focus, new dimention and new beginnings !





2 comments:

  1. Prayers coming you way...and I'll hug your kids for you later today (if they'll let me ;-) )We're headed for the "mark" after church. Love to you both !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright guys--the folks reading this would like to hear the nitty-gritty of your experiences...I think everyone would enjoy hearing Russie tell about his airport experience! It could be a valuable learning tool for those yet to come!

    ReplyDelete